GODSPELL is one of the biggest off-Broadway and Broadway successes of all time, drawing from various theatrical traditions, such as clowning, pantomime, charades, acrobatics and vaudeville. With music and lyrics by composer Stephen Schwartz (“Pippin,” “Wicked”), this rock musical is a groundbreaking and unique reflection on the life of Jesus, with a message of kindness, tolerance and love. GODSPELL boasts a string of well-loved songs, led by the international hit, “Day By Day.”
Audition Details: Dec 7 (1-4 PM), Dec 10 (5-8 PM), Callbacks Dec 11 (6-8PM)
Grand Theatre Center for the Arts 715 Central Avenue, Tracy, California
Audition Requirements : GODSPELL is an ENSEMBLE show, and with the exception of Jesus – who acts mainly as a facilitator and less of a “performer” – there are no leads. The dramatic weight of the show is equally divided among the principal cast members.
- Actors ages 16 and up should arrive prepared to sing a song in his or her range, providing their own sheet music, MP3 or CD.
- All actors will be asked to cold read.
Rehearsal/Performance Information: Rehearsals will begin soon after callbacks. Schedule with exact times/schedule to be confirmed once casting is complete. The performances will be March 14,15,16,21,22 and 23rd.
Please note: All roles will have a Performer Fee.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our AUDITIONS page for updated information! Come and enjoy this classic family favorite!
Enjoy an evening with Wilbur, Fern and friends!
Visit http://atthegrand.org/BoxOfficeTickets to buy tickets! Show dates Feb 7-9, 2014!
Updated AUDITION page!
Show dates March 14-16, 21-23, 2014!
Tickets are on sale now!
AUDITIONS POSTPONED UNTIL WINTER 2013- GODSPELL is one of the biggest off-Broadway and Broadway successes of all time. Drawing from various theatrical traditions, such as clowning, pantomime, charades, acrobatics and vaudeville, GODSPELL is a groundbreaking and unique reflection on the life of Jesus, with a message of kindness, tolerance and love. Based on the Gospel According to St. Matthew, GODSPELL boasts a string of well-loved songs, led by the international hit, “Day By Day.” As the cast performs “Prepare Ye The Way Of The Lord,” “Learn Your Lessons Well,” “All For The Best,” “All Good Gifts,” “Turn Back, O Man” and “By My Side,” the parables of Jesus Christ come humanly and hearteningly to life. Visit our Auditions page for more information.
Performances in March 2013: All dates have been changed due to scheduling conflict at the Grand Theater. Final information will be posted soon.
Grand Theatre Center for the Arts
715 Central Avenue
Tracy Repertory Theatre will be holding auditions for its upcoming performance of The Wizard of Oz!
Saturday, January 26th 1 p.m.. – 5 p.m.
Tuesday, January 29th 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Featured Dancers Audition Date
Saturday, January 26th 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Wednesday, January 30th 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Thursday, January 31st 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Platinum Event and Conference Center
902 Central Avenue, Suite 305
Tracy, CA 95376
View Larger Map
Friday, May 3rd at 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 4th at 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 5th at 2:00 p.m.
Grand Theatre Center for the Arts
715 Central Avenue
All roles are available
- Actors should arrive prepared to sing a song in his or her range, providing their own sheet music, MP3 or CD. Additionally, be prepared to sing “Over The Rainbow.”
- Actors 14 years and older should prepare a 60 second monologue.
- Actors under 14 should have a poem or nursery rhyme of any length memorized and ready to recite.
- Featured dancers auditioning should be experienced (pointe or pre-pointe). Please wear comfortable clothing and ballet or jazz shoes.
- Rehearsals will begin the first week in February. Note: There will be a break during the week of April 1 st-5th.
- Rehearsals will be held Monday through Thursday, starting at 6 p.m., running 2 ½ to 3 hours per night.
Please note: Cast members will be charged a $175 Performer Fee.
Questions? Call 209-627-8138
- Dorothy Gale (14 years and up)
- Glinda, The Good Witch of the North/Aunt Em (14 years and up)
- Emerald City Guard/Uncle Henry (14 years and up)
- Scarecrow/Hunk (14 years and up)
- Tin Woodsman/Hickory (14 years and up)
- Cowardly Lion/Zeke (14 years and up)
- Wicked Witch of the West/Elmira Gulch (14 years and up)
- Wizard of Oz/Professor Marvel (14 years and up)
- Munchkins (6 years old and up)
- Citizens of Oz (6 years old and up)
- Winkies (6 years old and up)
- Poppies/Snowflakes, Jitterbugs and Ghosts (12 years old and up)
UPDATE! Annie was a smashing success! We sold out all shows, and it was one of the finest and most fun filled productions Tracy has ever seen! Well done cast and crew!
May 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 2012
“Annie” is a musical based on the comic strip Little Orphan Annie. The original Broadway production opened in 1977, and ran for nearly six years. “Annie” was nominated for eleven Tony Awards, winning seven, including Best Musical, Best Score and Best Book.
Tickets are on sales through the box office of The Grand Theatre Center for the Arts, 715 Central Avenue, Tracy, California, or on line atthegrand.org